Monday, July 11, 2011

Final celebration day

I was really happy with the celebration day and think it went really well. I'd been worrying all week because I had so much to do I had a lot of cynotypes still needing completion and was having trouble with the animation and wasn't sure if id be able to finish them both so as result I shortened the animation. On the day it was raining in the morning which I was really worried about the only thing I could think about is if it kept up then the birds might get too wet and fall off. Throughout the setting up it was still raining a lot and cold so I thought people may be discouraged to come out but they did and the weather got better. After the birds were mounted (this took a while because tying wasn't easy and they kept tangling together) I set up the camera and animation under the gazebo and filled the spray bottles and placed them with scissors for guests. When the first person started opening it I was nervous because it was really unpredictable the bird could of got over exposed or the image may have not come out clearly but it worked really well. The instillation all hanging together but blowing in the wind worked nicely because they looked like a fleet just as planned. Once the bird was sprayed the image would be really clear but it would fade after a while because it didn't fix fully, this really reinforced the concept of them representing memories. Everyone was really involved and enjoyed exposing them I felt a really great vibe quite a few people came wanting to try it. I was happy with some comments about the work complimenting the effect and concept. The animation I had on a paper screen next to the instillation and projected it on people's hand it was like the wish coming true (1000 origami birds = a wish) and the idea for the animation was making johns wish for dancing again come true. When John arrived I was really excited to show him and (his wife was there and helped him to see the instillation) we helped him to expose one which he really seemed to like it saying his birds were flying and that it was lovely, I showed him the animation of himself on his hand although he had trouble with Movement. He seemed really happy and seemed to be enjoying everything and asked for a picture of us. John had to leave early for physio but took a bird home and said he would want to keep in touch. In the end all the birds were exposed flying together. Although this project was difficult at times the outcome was bigger then any of our other projects because it wasn't just about us and how good our work was we had worked with other people and effected each other. The whole day was brilliant with everybody's work, working really well and all of the people there really enjoying themselves. I think us all in this group and st Christiphers should be really proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment