Monday, July 11, 2011

Final workshops

Friday June 24th
this workshop was defiantly the most difficult of the workshops. It was really emotionally straining as the demo group came in to interview us on assisted suicide and euthanasia in the morning. I found this kind of uncomftorable because the subject but also because we were around people nearing the ends of their lives so I was wondering how they themselves would take the topic. John I found is a really optimistic peron and doesn't like focusing on anything negative so I sensed he wasn't very comftorable through the conversation which added to the awkward atmosphere for me. The day didn't improve beacause as we started late and then had the interview I only had around 20 minutes with John (he goes to phiso early around 12) which was inconvenient as today we were starting to collect information for the cynotype. I did get abchance to run through the final plans with John though and he seemed really pleased with them. Later on that day we learn that Denis was not absent like we thought but had passed away. It was really shocking for everyone and for me was a bit of a pinch reminding me where we were it was almost forgettable that the people we were working with were terminal because they apear healthy and we have met them in a relaxed environment and although we knew it was possible I never expected anything like this to happen. At the end of the day demo came back to interview us which I felt was really inappropriate consider g the news we just found out and awkward. I didn't really feel like answering and felt we were pushed a bit by the interviewers. The whole day was really difficult and it change my perspective for the project and for the next couple of days I found I was less enthusiastic because the reality set in.


Friday 1st July
The last workshop before the celebration evening went quite well and the atmosphere was much better then the week before. Me and John continued with making material for the cynotype but John usually has to leave early for physio which cuts back on some time. When he does leave I just continued with the assetate and listened to some of the dictaphone recordings and took notes from that. The plan was the same as the week before

No comments:

Post a Comment